Do What You Love, Love What You Feel!

Monday, June 25, 2012

When two tutorials become one!

Happy Monday everyone! I had quite the crafty weekend. Unfortunately, I only have one craft to share with you since the other ones are still in mid-process.

Honestly, what began my recent craft craze was a tutorial I stumbled upon via Pinterest. The tutorial is by Sarah and it's for Baby Stats Subway Art. It's so simple yet so awesome! I did try my hand at it, but definitely learned my lesson when it comes to ink jet printers and Mod Podge (they don't get along).

Fast forward to present time (about a month after finding the above tutorial) and I come across a tutorial by Delia about how to create Distressed Picture Canvases.

Why not combine the two?

I've made this stat canvas for my cousin's baby.

I got the "scrapbook paper on the side" idea from girl. Inspired.'s Instant Gratification (canvas photo DIY) tutorial.










Honestly, it was so easy! The most aggravating part of the whole thing was having to go to Office Depot in order to get the laser print of the stats. And to tell you the truth, it wasn't a huge aggravation. I just made sure I had several things I needed laser printed so that the trip wasn't just for one thing.

Here's to hoping my cousin and his girlfriend like it!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad it worked out for you! It turned out great!

Stef said...

What a darling idea! Nice job!!

Melissa S said...

Thank you Sarah and Stef! I honestly wouldn't have gotten this far without the help of your (and a few others) tutorials. :)

Delia said...

Cute idea! Your transfer turned out amazing.

Post a Comment