Do What You Love, Love What You Feel!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Halloween Coasters/Plaques

So, I've recently discovered that I love making coasters with tiles. Like, LOVE it! I've only begun scratching the surface with this craft, but I don't think I've done too shabby so far. Care to take a look?


Yes, I know it's June and not October. No, I don't care! :)

For the above set I used Bo Bunny Whoo-Ligans-Rub-Ons, Mod Podge matte finish, Krylon satin finish and Natural Choice Tumbled Travertine Tile 4" x 4"

I really liked the Bo Bunny rub-ons. They were fairly easy to work with (nothing like the Pink Paislee press ons that I had originally tried to work with - they ended up in the trash after they refused to transfer, despite being endlessly rubbed). I added several coats of Mod Podge and then finished it off with the satin spray. I like the satin spray because it seems to give the surface a "grip" (meaning that cups won't slide around as easily). All I need to do now is purchase purple or/and orange felt and Mod Podge squares to the bottom of each tile (I cover nearly the entire bottom of the tile with felt instead of using the small felt circles - I feel like it's more secure that way).

Want this set for yourself? Contact me at my email addy and I will get back with you as soon as possible.

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are soooo cute! :)

Melissa S said...

Thank you so much!

Post a Comment